Beta weekend - now

GW2 discussion that doesn't quite fit elsewhere

Beta weekend - now

Postby Muppet » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Looks like I got a beta key. Will be donwloading overnight. Wondering if folks are also taking part, and if so where?
Muppet
Why Our GH Smells of Rich Mahogany

Postby Mori » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:22 am

We're all on the Desolation server, same we were in the last weekend! We've been communicating via the Facebook group so I actually forgot to check this forum until now :(

My char name is Lizaya Morte - add me and I'll add you to the guild as soon as I can (kept getting kicked out of the game last night...)
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Varda » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:56 am

Beta Weekend 20-22 of July. It sounds like they may have sent a few beta keys this time, from something posted on facebook, but unsure as I've not received one myself (did register with a second email addy for the beta). Time will tell!
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Muppet » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:36 pm

Hoping to be trying out the Asura then Varda... :P
Or perhaps more likely a Silvari Ranger :)

Assuming I actually get to take part (not sure how it works yet) I might try an Asura Eng or Ele (seems appropariate classes for the race).
Swap to Silvari.. something.. day 2 if I fancy changing and exploring them.
Muppet

Postby Mori » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Hmmm... I'm probably going to keep playing my human character for now. Will save the other races until early access opens and we're playing for realz!
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Muppet » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm just keen to get a feel for the various classes and races. After the disappointment of the melee last time (no move to attack, constant swing and miss) and the frustration of the pet behaviour (rapid death, aggro everything cos they can't jump), I want to try others and see how they play. The Necro didn't feel strong, but also didn't annopy me like the others, so is looking like a contender.
Be nice to have some idea on a preference before I create the first live characters.
Muppet

Postby Varda » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:55 pm

I'll have to play an Asura on the live game due to a stupid lost bet, so I'm not even going to touch it until I absolutely must. Am looking forward to trying out a Sylvari, though. Might go with a Silvari necromancer this time. Not sure if our characters from previous beta weekends will still be around, if so I'll carry on with my mesmer through the human areas. :)
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Beraton » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:59 am

tsk! The Asura areas and story looks neat from what I've heard. I reckon they'll be a lot of fun. I also really want to see the Sylvari in action (plus I want to help bugtest both areas for Anet! ;D). I've tried all the professions I'm planning on playing at launch, but I'll use this weekend to try the ones I wasn't planning on - I'll make a sylvari guardian and... some sort of Asura. :D
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Muppet » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:49 pm

I have found the Guardian to be one of the most forgiving and useful classes so far, so much healing he can get away with many mistakes and can help others with tricky encounters. I am hoping the melee enhancements being tested get in and make me tempted to consider melee again as I like them a lot.

I haven't tried out the Asuran lands yet, so one way or another am planning to do so this weekend :)
Muppet

Return to Guild Hall