Any ideas for the forum?

The melting pot to discuss things not about GW!

Any ideas for the forum?

Postby Beraton » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:54 pm

Guys, any suggestions for the forum will be listened to happily. I don't guarantee I'll do them, but I'll certainly listen.

Before you ask, that picture is a Behelit. It seemed fitting. :P

And the decor in general is temporary! I figured I'd get it working before I worried about the appearance too much.
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Varda » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:59 pm

Right. I motion for the change of the guild's name, or the change of the pic. :shock: It's creepy!

*scared*

Let me know when it's safe to come out again... :oops:

PS- As far as suggestions go, I'm nto familiar enough with forum laying.out to be of any use. I'll be glad to provie game screenshots of whatever people need or want, though. I love taking pictures around Tyria. :)
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Infinity » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:43 am

Have you considered a trading forum of sorts as a substitution for having no guild storage (yet)

People could post what excess items they have and are willing to get rid of / trade. People could say what items they desire in case anyone comes across them, or what runes they still need unlocking.

Im assuming that on this forum you can edit your posts days after making them, you cant on wireplay and thats the major stumbling block for a forum of this type, as when you get rid of an item you cant edit your origional post to say so.
Lyssophobia - Fear of rabies or of becoming insane
Infinity
Strange and Mysterious

Postby Beraton » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:06 pm

Now there's an idea. I'll add it in now. And yes, there's no time limit on editing, so that would fit it well.

Or pm me and I'll close the topic. Another benefit to moving away from Wireplay: the admin is actually part of the community. :P
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Infinity » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:23 pm

If you pop over to mine and sixxors *fave* forum: http://www.kiwi.vg you'll see that each post earns 'scroats' which is kind of like a forum currency. Scroats can be used to by things like avatars, signatures, titles, useless kiwi-forum-only rubbish for yourself and other people.

So I could spend 2000 scroats on buying Varda the title 'push to talk ftw'. (which would then be overridded if she or someone else changed it)

Just an idea, and i dont know how its done either so dont ask.
Infinity
Strange and Mysterious

Postby Rhayader » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:38 pm

i didnt get to see the behelit pic, although i have seen many becuz of my recent reserches about the subjec.
although i dont mind the name of the guild itself i would like to know more as to why its named after the behelit on the anime, aswell as the guild origins, founders, etc... i think it would be nice for new members to know more about the guild.
it is not my guild so i wont motion for another guild name. although i admit i dont feel any afinity to the behelit name. perhaps i would if i had seen the anime.

i didnt even knew there was a guild storage! i think that could be very usefull, what do we need to get one?
sry about the long post
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Infinity » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:38 pm

Guild storage is not part of the game at the moment. Although I believe ANet will be introducing it in the future. Chapter 2 perhaps?
Infinity
Strange and Mysterious

Postby Beraton » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:50 pm

Heh. Adding a forum currency would be one hell of a mod. I'll look into it, but to be honest, don't hold your breath. :P

I think Mori is better suited to talking of the Guild's origins. I only arrived at retail.

The guild was set up by members of the irc channel #wpbg2 (WirePlay Baldur's Gate 2). A few of them were Alpha, then Beta testers for the game and created the guild. A few of them are anime fans and Behelit was an idea that stuck.

The Behelit is the catalyst (sort of) for the events that happen in the anime series Berserk, which is really rather odd (even for an anime) in the last couple of episodes.

As it is, not many of the now-dead #wpbg2 still play the game. Mori, Timarel and I are the only regulars, I think.

Oh, and Abes.

Anyway, I think Mori would be more suited to tell what happened, since I only arrived on the scene for the retail version. I was never a beta tester.
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Mori » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:01 pm

The origins of House Behelit lie in a small guild called The Flaming Fist (after a lawkeeping faction in the popular roleplaying game Baldur's Gate), that was formed during the World Preview Event of Guild Wars on October 28-31 2004. (This means, incidentally, that the first anniversary of the birth of our guild is tomorrow.) The initial news of the event was reported, appropriately, by Custodian - whom you all know fondly as Muppet - in this thread.

A few of those who tried the game became addicted and attended every open 'beta weekend' (held in the first weekend of every month) thereafter. Guilds were wiped prior to release, and considerable discussion took place as to whether to keep the old "Flaming Fist" name or change to something else. Nobody could decide what, of course. The decision was eventually bypassed by Nullki, who had created a test guild during the preview events called House Behelit, a name that (it turned out) nobody particularly objected to. This combined with the high cost of creating a guild immediately after the game's release made it convenient to gather under Nullki's flag.

Many of the original Flaming Fist members lost interest before or soon after release. Those who remain include Nullki, Muppet, Marx, Mori and Sixxor. All except Muppet have had extended breaks from Guild Wars due to burnout or being occupied with other games. Additional members of House Behelit have traditionally been relatives or real-life or online friends of members who have established themselves in the guild; random pickups from PvP runs are quite rare, though some guild members believe it should be more common.

The focus of House Behelit is as a social guild, with a great deal of friendly banter, free exchange of gold and items, and helping one another out with quests. We remain quite mediocre in PvP, though many members have ambitions to improve our success in that area through planning and regular practice.
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Rhayader » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:12 pm

now i feel more inspired and more proud to wear the behelit cape :P
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Rhayader » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:35 am

maybe this doesnt belong here, but its a suggestion like any other...

How about a topic like the skill of the day? everyday someone posts a skill u have some questions about or a skill that has become very usefull to u so other people may coment on more uses for it.
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Fox » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:20 am

There should be a new board on the forum that requires an additional password to enter which no one will have. This section will be called:-

Uber L33t Builds of Pwnage!
Here guild members listed the builds which have no equal and will ensure victory. Elite Guild Members Only!

This section will be empty and this post deleted so that all new comers will attempt to rise through the guild ranks in the hopes of unearthing this unworldly treasure.

How's that for an incentive.
Fox
Stupider like a FOX!
Stupider like a FOX!

Postby Beraton » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:34 am

Rhay, if you want to make that thread about skill of the day, feel free. :D

Fox, I've made that board, but with a slight change. It's just mod only. ;)

I feel so lonely in there. :(
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Fox » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:32 pm

You have to at least have a post or two in there, otherwise people'll know it's fake. When that's done, delete all posts relating to said board so no one will be able to work out the fiendish plan.
Fox
Stupider like a FOX!
Stupider like a FOX!

Postby Avalyn » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:27 pm

I wanna join the uber 31337 builds of pwnage team :s
Avalyn
If I had a hammer...
If I had a hammer...

Postby Varda » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:14 pm

There should be a new board on the forum that requires an additional password to enter which no one will have. This section will be called:-

Uber L33t Builds of Pwnage!
Here guild members listed the builds which have no equal and will ensure victory. Elite Guild Members Only!

This section will be empty and this post deleted so that all new comers will attempt to rise through the guild ranks in the hopes of unearthing this unworldly treasure.

I'm glad I read this. :shock:
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Fox » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:53 pm

There should be a banner that reflects the guild as a whole.....we don't even have a knight, we're half breed mongrol gladiators at best.
Fox
Stupider like a FOX!
Stupider like a FOX!

Postby Champ » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:55 pm

I'm half badger, i demand we have badger representation on the banner!!
I had a wheel-barrow.... but the wheel fell off :(
Champ
I liek pr0n

Postby Fox » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:03 pm

Silence Badger, go eat your mash potatoes while you get ready for your parade...
Fox
Stupider like a FOX!
Stupider like a FOX!

Postby Champ » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:22 pm

NO!

No more shall we be oppressed! i spurn your mashed potatoes of lies!! i reject your funny suits and banners!!

i.... oooh, you never said you put a sprinkle of nutmeg on it... mmmmm
I had a wheel-barrow.... but the wheel fell off :(
Champ
I liek pr0n

Postby Fox » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:33 pm

Tombs is no longer PvP, so the the forum requires alteration.....gotta keep with the times man.
Fox
Stupider like a FOX!
Stupider like a FOX!

Postby Beraton » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:40 pm

Good point.
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Mori » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:43 pm

"Darkest depths of heroes' ascent" doesn't seem to have quite the same ring to it, does it?

Perhaps we should propose updated descriptions for all the forums!

Also, I think the Uber L33t Builds of Pwnage! forum needs a couple more posts. You know, just to keep up the appearance that we're great.
Mori
Organisational god

New Board

Postby Fox » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:29 pm

New board for GVG related content

This should include the following posts

This, That and This
Fox
Stupider like a FOX!
Stupider like a FOX!

Postby Beraton » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:38 pm

It worries me how many good ideas Fox has in this topic... This must be where he channels all his common sense. :P
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Fox » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:40 pm

Does that mean i steal 1 common sense for all adjacent posters.

Edit: ooh ooh, can i be a mod as well, so i get funky green text!
Fox
Stupider like a FOX!
Stupider like a FOX!

Postby Beraton » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:46 am

For the record, there is no way to simply change the time on the board to BST. Short of me going into everyone's profile and manually changing it. You can change your profile so you're in GMT + 1 till BST ends. That's the only real way of doing it, I'm afraid.
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Varda » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:44 pm

*goes to do just that*

If everyone has the option to do it, then it makes sense that there isn't an admin utility to force the time on everyone. That's cool with me. :)
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby khaz » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:35 pm

Any chance of a quick reply option?
khaz
As gay as a boxful of monkeys

Postby Infinity » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:56 am

I like the banner, it's ace.
Infinity
Strange and Mysterious

Next