Is anyone here a master of cunning plans?

The melting pot to discuss things not about GW!

Is anyone here a master of cunning plans?

Postby Klokwurk » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:48 pm

My group may have to (IC) murder either one member or all of a hugely powerful family that are the head of a powerful trading house at the next Maelstrom. Preferably without getting me and my group horribly killed in the process.

Anyone any good at coming up with cunning plans in a fantasy setting? Thought it was worth asking, what with all the fic writers around. ;3

If so and you fancy coming up with a plan, I'll post more details.
Klokwurk
Wielder of the fuzzy dice

Postby Klokwurk » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:16 pm

Rhay wants more info, so here goes.

Last event a Necromancer of this family and his undead minion killed a couple of my group at night. Now, us dragons don't stand for people breaking our things, so my group needs to take revenge, either by killing the Necromancer (which I assume will make his undead minion vanish) or killing all of them.

They are supposedly very powerful and wealthy, and known for being interested in researching technology and science (like me). They're high up in the Sacuza Trading House. There are about 20 of them in total (similar size to my group) but they're not likely to have anyone that's particularly good in combat. Probably not all of them will turn up to any one event.

Any action taken against them would preferably have to be done sneakily, as if it becomes common knowledge that my group attacked such a powerful group, that would probably be bad.

As for my group, we're pirates and have chars of various types. A few that are good in a fight, and several entertainers (jester, dancers, prossies) that are getting quite well-known and popular, and are sometimes hired to put on shows. The jester in particular would probably make a good assassin, and can spend 5 minutes to eat a corpse, destroying evidence and making it impossible to use a spell to talk to the corpse to find out how it died. I can also eat corpses, but I'm very visible, slow and unstealthy. There's also another dragon in my group. We're very tough, but if we get hit with a mortal wound (from someone good with a weapon), we have to find someone FAST with Treat Wounds: Dragon, which isn't common, or die.

We could also maybe shop around for poisons, but that would mean tampering with a food/drink, and then someone eating/drinking it and noticing the poison sticker that has been applied in some way.

I don't think we have anyone that can cast a mute spell, which means anyone we attack will be able to scream for help while being hit, and continue to do so while incapacitated for the 30 seconds it takes to 'execute' an incapacitated foe, killing them.

The family probably don't know we know one of them killed our peeps, and so they probably don't know we're planning revenge.

Getting revenge sooner would be preferable to me, but a long term plan of getting friendly with them in order to crush them is also a possibility.
Klokwurk

Postby Klokwurk » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:56 am

Here they are doing an experiment of some kind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whBAhZTiE9Q
Klokwurk

Postby Rhayader » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:27 pm

argh, cant think of any other ideias besides the ones i already told you about in irc.

its hard for me since i never been to such a type of event, so i dont know what tasks you do frequently, or if you go on your own at any times.

i think the best solution, if you want to make sure noone else knows that you guys were responsible would be to isolate the necromancer. or hire someone to do it (if possible) and then assassinate the mercenary! XD that way they would even be in debt to you because in theory you just avenged their necromancer by killing the merc.

if not, i think its like you said, the entertainers hould be more suitable to comit assassination. the problem is that it would require a "private entertaining session" so that he could be killed without a fuss. would an imobilization spell stop him from screaming? if there is such a thing.

sry, guess im not of much help.

try to get a death note and write his name in it!
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Vince » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:14 pm

hey, that`s my idea! Draw up some wanted posters for the Necromancer, but make them so they look like they were printed by someone you don`t like. Then kill the Necromancer so the peep you don`t like gets the blame, and then kill him too. :3

Bit complicated and risky though, and wouldn`t look particularly good if it went wrong, either.
Vince

Return to Lion's Arch