Feel good soon, Muppet!

The melting pot to discuss things not about GW!

Feel good soon, Muppet!

Postby Varda » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:13 am

And get back online quickly! There's a cake here waiting for you.

Hope you don't mind us starting to eat before you arrive, though... :oops:
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Muppet » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:06 pm

Thanks Varda.
I got back home last night, and after a long sleep and a day of relaxing I am feeling quite ok.

The Sunday pm jabs session was a farce - nurse had no idea what ward he worked in and tried sending me to the wrong place, and then they had no record of me coming in for the jabs. They found me on the system, but I had to wait an hour before someone turned up to take a blood sample and then another 1.5 hours before the results came back and they gave me the jabs. 2.5 hours alone in a room waiting is not fun.

Monday was better organised, as the guy that looked after me during the collection was really friendly and helpful. Most painfull part was having the tube inserted up my vein, the one that would carry the blood back into me from the machine that spun out the stem cells. Once I got used to having the pipes dangling from my wrist it was ok. They have to do another bloodtest before they start, so that delays things for an hour again.
Another big needle goes into the other arm to take blood out, and I then had to sit there for 4 hours squeezing a little ball to keep my veins open and blood flowing. Luckily I had taken in a LotR film (Fellowship), which swallowed up most of the time pretty well. Procedure isn't painfull, just not very comfortable.
After the collection was done (around 2:30pm) I had to wait for more blood tests and stuff, so was around 5pm that they finally told me I had to come back and do it all again on Tuesday cos there was not enough stem cells to meet the request :(

Tuesday went same way, cept at 4:30 when the results were due I was told they had lost my blood tests! So had to let them take more and wait around another hour for results. I finally stated my journey home at 5:45 Tuesday evening, getting home around 7:45 last night.

I got 6 puncture wounds on my arms, and feel a little tired. But that's about all now. The back pains have stopped cos the GSF jabs stopped. Am just relaxing as instructed to let my body recover from the intrusion, and am under instruction to eat dairy (for calcium) and bananas (for potassium) to help it get back to normal. Luckly I like cheese and bananas :)
(I did wonder if banana milkshake would kill 2 birds with 1 drink ;) )

So am back online now, and will probably be back in GW land shortly.
Still taking tomorrow off work though, no point rushing back there!
Muppet
Why Our GH Smells of Rich Mahogany

Postby Rhayader » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:23 pm

seems to me you made a mistake and went to a portuguese hospital instead. oh they only lost your blood samples once? my mistake then...

good to hear that you are feeling alright. hopefully everything will work out fine.
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Mori » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:59 am

Oh dear... that's hospitals for you :S

Good to see you back, and glad you are recovering nicely :) Your post made me feel pretty squeamish mind you, I prefer not to look even when I'm having blood samples taken.

Fellowship of the Ring though - good choice - but TTT is still better :)
Mori
Organisational god

Return to Lion's Arch