Proper trailer for Star Wars: Misfortune

The melting pot to discuss things not about GW!

Proper trailer for Star Wars: Misfortune

Postby Beraton » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Some time ago, I announced my fanfilm - Star Wars: Misfortune with a teaser trailer. I think I'm about 6 months away from releasing the final thing, so now is the ideal time to release another, more relevant trailer. As well as a bit of gratuitious hyping with dramatic pictures!

As most of you will likely know from my ranting (especially on irc), Misfortune follows a misadventure of a hapless Rebel pilot who finds himself in a tight spot. I have done all the modelling, animating and editing myself, so it's really been an intense bit of work.

And now, shameless image dump!

Hyperspace, yeah!

Can't be Star Wars without a space battle.

or giant space ships.

or countless enemies who can't shoot straight.

Hell, I just threw this one in for the lighting.

Guess if he's a nice guy or not...

This looks even better in motion.

I did say he was hapless, right?

A bit more information can be found on http://www.daltana.net

And now for the main feature of this thread, the trailer!
http://www.vimeo.com/5142576

Comments greatly appreciated!
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Mori » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:20 pm

This is great! I'm really impressed you've stuck with the project and look like actually finishing it (even if it does take a further six months). It will be something to show prospective employers if you want to go into any line of work related to.. well, any of the things you've done here. Versatility ftw, and demonstrating the motivation to see a major project through to the end is also handy.

Some very fine renders, and decent animation - I liked the trailer, can't wait to see the final thing, even though Star Wars isn't really my major area of interest.
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Rhayader » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:28 pm

"he is not an ace pilot" *BOOM* x-wing gets shot! XD
that was my favourite part.
i thought the trailer was great overall. it got me more curious about the stuff i havent seen yet, specially the droid. also want to see more about the place at 0:19 with the water in it.

although i really like the music i wonder if it was the right choice for a trailer. though it depends on what you are aiming with it, i think a more "epic", more adventurous music would do a better job at making people more pumped up about it.

even though its star wars, sometimes i get the feeling im watching something that came out of Little Big Adventure.
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Beraton » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Glad you both liked it. :D

Frankly Mori, the only reason I've stuck with it is that I find it really enjoyable. But ironically, I don't want to go into it as a career. I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

heheh. If I weren't so fond of the pouncing attack from SD6, I'd agree. I think that's a perfect illustration for the statement. :D

Hmm. Good point about the music. But I've already used/earmarked most of the epic and adventurous music suitable.

Hmmm. How do you mean about Little Big Adventure? I'm probably not familiar enough with it to get what you mean there...
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Varda » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:13 pm

The trailer looks quite good, well done!

Even if you don't waqnt to go into it as a career, at least it's somethign you enjoy and can do at your own pace. That makes it worth it. :D
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Return to Lion's Arch