How are ya titles doing?

GW1 discussion

Postby Erendis » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:42 pm

Following Muppet's fine example and owing half the points to Varda's generosity...

:D
Erendis
Rabid fangirl

Postby Klokwurk » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:48 pm

Grats on your titles peeps! :D
Klokwurk
Wielder of the fuzzy dice

Postby Rhayader » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:16 pm

grats guys.

trying to keep up with you all, i took advantge of the boardwalk being open and got my grandmaster explorer title wich made me become "im very important". (yay)

i've also gained my first rank in the gladiator title track. not that it matters much, but at least its a pretty title.
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Muppet » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:20 pm

Well done party girl (with nice glowy pig!)

And well done Important Rhay too :)
Muppet
Why Our GH Smells of Rich Mahogany

Postby Muppet » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:21 am

Thought it was time my Ranger maxed summat - so spent today in Cantha getting him Protector.

Most of the missions were simple enough, but Raisu and Sanctum had me cursing.
Kept failing Rasiu by seconds (was down to 4 seconds over once), and then suddenly one run came together just right and did it in 16:45 :?
Sanctum (Shiro) was driving me nuts next, as being a ranger I didn't have anything useful. Again kept failing badly, or by just 2 seconds! After a couple of fails I remembered that this is that stupid boss design where you have to abuse the AI or fail. I knew I had to have a warrior just for WB, and I had me necro. I kept tweaking the builds to get all the anti-Shiro curses I could, and ended up with his weird concoction which did it.
Muppet

Postby Muppet » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:33 pm

No shots... but Legendary has now also completed Protector of Elona and Tyria.

Thanks to Bera for the help with some Tyrian missions, and Rhay & Eri on some Elonan ones.

I think maxing 3 titles is good use of my week off :)
Now.. just need another SS/LB farming weekend to get him to KoaBD too.
Muppet

Postby Muppet » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:54 pm

And now... after 2 hours of farming SS/LB points yesterday and 3 hours tonight... Legendary Muppet has maxed SS & LB titles.
Which means...

KoaBD number 3 :)
Muppet

Postby Mori » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:59 pm

Insatiable Muppet!
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Res Ipsi » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:05 am

Ok, I have no life :p
I reached 27 titles about a month ago. Slowly working on Kurz faction (R8 currently). No idea if I'll try to go for GWAMM, but we'll see ^^
Res Ipsi

Postby Rhayader » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:35 pm

i dont think ill ever get that far. vanquishing titles are soooo boooooring :(
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Mori » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:47 pm

That's a daft thing to say.. vanquishing titles are some of the least boring imo, because you get decent challenge out of them and good rewards, so you can have fun along the way instead of just grinding.

They just happen to take a very long time to get. :P
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Erendis » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:54 pm

Cartography is a LOT more boring than vanquishing, imho. ;)

Last achieved for me was Legendary Delver (and I'm Very Important), so now comes all the happy grind for the rest of the GW:EN rep titles. ;P
Erendis
Rabid fangirl

Postby Mori » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:37 pm

I'm currently trying to vanquish elona, which will max my sunspear and LB titles (hopefully) and get me to I.V.I.. after that *maybe* I'll have the motivation to finish off my cartography and vanquishing and grab level 3 as well :)
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Varda » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:38 pm

*steals Res' account*

I'm planning on getting the cartography titles at some point, but like Erendis mentioned, it's boooooooooooring. I keep logging on with the textmod thigny on for Cantha, take one look at the map, and log out. :( At least in Elona I got very close while vanquishing... I've vanquished all of Cantha and am still on 97%!

The other titles I mean to max are the Reputation ones in GWEN (should take me about 2 years to do it, I think) and the Kurzick faction one (though my original plan of getting 20k faction a day has gone down the drain, as I get bored fast).
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Res Ipsi » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:20 pm

I found the cartography titles to be the most annoying, especially before textmod. I decided to do Vanquish/Cartography together which made it consideraly easier. After all the vanquishing and wall hugging I discovered I still needed another 2% on Tyria, and another 1.5% in Cantha and Elona. I resorted to txtmod then. The most enjoyable (but stressful) title to get was Legendary Survivor. I was heartbroken when she finally died, thanks to an over-zealous wammo in Hell's Precipice HM. I remember the exact spot where she died, and drop Red Iris flowers at this location whenever I return to HP to help someone.
Res Ipsi

Postby Rhayader » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:52 pm

awww, thats sad but cool at the same time. you did get your title though, didnt you?
too bad there wasnt a survivor title when i started or i would have gone for it.

i found the cartography title quite enjoyable in cantha, not so much in elona though. i used textmod right after 85% so maybe thats why it didnt bother me so much at the beggining.

i find vanquishing a bit boring because i get tired of fighting the same mobs over again, and going through the same places again. i already know where most bosses are, so its no surprise going around a corner and getting exited to see a new boss with a cool name that just might drop something cool...
about the challenge, i think its a bit of an illusion, you either have really wimp mobs that you dont have any problems with and that may die even faster than in NM, but then you come across a mob with a bunch of ruby djinns or sandstorm crags and you face an instant wipe if you are not carefull.
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Res Ipsi » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:33 pm

I did get LS on Tres, but was hoping to accumulate HM titles while maintaining the Survivor line. I'd already completed HP in HM on Tres before the fateful day, and was only along to help. That's what burns the most (haha..pun). I know a lot of ppl come up with creative ways to kill their survivor once the title is reached, and I had a few offers to help in this regard, but I really wanted to see how far she could get legitmately.
Res Ipsi

Postby Mori » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:14 am

I didn't know people would kill their chars creatively - what kind of thing do they do? Sounds like fun! (Yeah, all my chars have hundreds of deaths, you don't want to go adventuring with me ;D)
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Rhayader » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:36 pm

my mesmer died over 1000 times already, they should give me a title for that!
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Erendis » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:49 pm

3400+ deaths for my necro who isn't 2 years old yet. I clearly win \o/
Erendis
Rabid fangirl

Postby Infinity » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:14 pm

I try to get less deaths than I have hours for that character. Which I think Kiv's doing (maybe).

As this is a title thread; I recently got I'm Very Impotant* by doing something. Er.... Cartographsising I think, who cares?

*yes, I know
Lyssophobia - Fear of rabies or of becoming insane
Infinity
Strange and Mysterious

Postby Varda » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:33 pm

*pets Kiv* we've known for a while...

Grats, anyway! :D
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Res Ipsi » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:01 pm

Mori wrote:I didn't know people would kill their chars creatively - what kind of thing do they do? Sounds like fun! (Yeah, all my chars have hundreds of deaths, you don't want to go adventuring with me ;D)

We've done things like challenged the person 1 v 1 in guild battle, and killed them that way. Or invite them to come to the Isle of of Nameless, and blow them up with the catapult. Or more fun, create an army of minions than sac the MM hero so the minions eat the survivor. My favourite has always been to do that early mission where you blast the Charr with the catapult you repair, and turn it on a survivor. Good times ^^
Res Ipsi

Postby Rhayader » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:20 pm

haha, awesome. makes me want to try going for a survivor title just to get killed after XD
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Beraton » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Well, after the fairly uber titles that have been displayed recently, I feel quite humble, but dammit, I'm displaying it anyway!

Big thanks to most of you for joining me in quishes, and to Klok for getting his derv through the second half of Elona at the same time as me.
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Muppet » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:01 am

Grats on getting through it Bera.
Welcome to the KoaBD Club :)
Muppet

Postby Res Ipsi » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:12 am

Gratz Bera!

If you look closely, you'll notice that poser, Tres Vite, photoshopped her title. Damn mesmers..always trying to mess with ppl's minds :/
Res Ipsi

Postby Varda » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:35 pm

Curses, she's good! She managed to photoshop it IN-GAME too! :o
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Rhayader » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:39 am

leave it to aNet to rekindle my gw hunger.
after doing duncan in NM with henchoes alone, because of the weekend bonus i only had to do a single run in varajar to get my norn title! and thus, achieved the many leather bound books rank in KoaBD. yay!

i had been really bored with gw lately, since my objectives would require me to at least fill up 2 more HM books so i could get enough points. with the help this weekend gave me it seems like a breath of fresh air. i completed everything i wanted, nothing else to do... so its time to wander the world in search of new adventures!

i wonder what else is there for me to do...
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Varda » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:11 pm

Got that a while ago by reaching Rank 10 in the Norn title, Legendary Cartographer and Holy Lightbringer.

Might even reach the Smelly Guild Hall title, if I manage to max the other grind titles from GWEN.
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

PreviousNext

Return to Ruins of Surmia