Concern

GW1 discussion

Concern

Postby Rhayader » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:38 pm

so, i was thinking, with ric leaving, and lots of people are playing less as the days go by. i was thinking if the guild is interested in recruiting. i speak for myself when i would rather play with henchies than with a PUG.... but when i think that we end up not having full teams for stuff that we would like to do becuz we just dont have enough people....
maybe im just overreacting, we are a small friendly group maybe we dont need anyone else...

what do u guys think?
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Beraton » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:20 pm

I don't think recruiting is the way to go. At least not actively standing in Ascalon saying "House Behelit is recruiting!..."

However, perhaps if we try to take a guildless random every now and again on missions (preferably if there are enough of us to make up for potential idiocy ;)) and see if they're a nice person.

Also, we can try to prod our friends into playing guild wars and joining. :D
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Infinity » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:43 pm

Fit women only kplzthx

;)
Lyssophobia - Fear of rabies or of becoming insane
Infinity
Strange and Mysterious

Postby Elle » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:01 pm

Maybe we need to arrange specific nights for things, like we used to have monday and thursday pvp nights. If I knew specific things were happening at certain times I'd make the effort to be there. Since everyone is busy with factions, perhaps we could have one night for pvp, and one for pve?
Elle
Get out of my car!

Postby Mori » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:48 pm

If there were specific nights to log in, I might bother to turn up and help out. As it stands I am caught up in other stuff and out of guild wars mode at the moment, though I'm sure this will not be permanent :)
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Varda » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:49 pm

I'm all up for specific nights to do stuff, but as it is.. I won't be logging in much till the end of July. Nothing against GW, but other stuff is happening during that period and I'll be netless for the most part. ;)
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Beraton » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:50 pm

Ahem, same here. :D
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Infinity » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:39 am

Hopefully the upcoming Dragon Festival will encourage some people to log in (ie. our leader who hasn't bothered for a week *thwack*)
Lyssophobia - Fear of rabies or of becoming insane
Infinity
Strange and Mysterious

Postby Elle » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:07 pm

Dragon Festival?
Elle
Get out of my car!

Postby Muppet » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:17 pm

Isn't this just the same pattern we saw before?

Lots of people around when Prohpecies came out. As people finished the game (or before in some cases) they started losing interest. Some (including Mori) took a break and were not seen much for weeks (or longer). Then summat happens to add new content (e.g. SF) and some of them reappear for a while, till they get bored of that.
Then Mori started his PvP nights, and again for a while there was interest, but again that fizzled out and all goes quiet again.
Then Factions comes along and we have another spell of activitiy. Unfortunately the story in Factions don't last as long, and the alliance stuff is not holding anyones attention (bit of a damp squib that idea).

So, I guess people will turn up again when summat happens again, either oprganised stuff like PvP, or maybe PvE if we get some new stuff (PvE has never attracted a following except when content is new).

Some of the members (or ex-members) came to this game cos others in the guild had played with them and thought they would be a good addition. The fact that no one is playing much, and thus not finding any potential new members, is probably why the growth has stopped. But how long do ya keep folks if there is nowt happening anyway? A newbie joining now would struggle to find someone to play through the story with, or any PvP action going on.

I agree, no advertising - but I am sure that ain't what was meant by Rhay.
But yes, if you are playing with someone else regular and they want a new home then why not get more in.

And I agree with Kiv that we will probably see a few more on when the game gives us some new stuff to do.

If I wasn't involved in testing I would probably be looking for lots more activity, and so I do wonder if I would still be in BHLT. I still look on the guild as a sorta of friends list, where I might find people to play with when I log on, rather than any sort of organised guild with planned events, teamed play-throughs, organised title hunts, etc. Although I have accepted BHLT that way, I do still sometime feel sad that we can't do more team playing, especially when I am in the mood to earn some titles and so on.

But BHLT people are good people, so even though we don't play nearly as much as many of us would like, we can't drag ourselves away cos everyone else in this game is a n00b rusher/quitter/whateverinsultyalike...
Muppet
Why Our GH Smells of Rich Mahogany

Postby Erendis » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:18 pm

Erendis
Rabid fangirl

Postby Varda » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:47 pm

I agree, Muppet. It does seem to be the same pattern. I don't often play with randoms unless I'm really, really bored or it is imperative, so the only new people I've been playing with are people in Fort Aspenwood (you start getting to know the croud at certain hours) and the weirdos in Alliance Battles (I'm addicted to them, they're fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun).

I'd pug more, but it's such a drag... And I'm too used to the henchies, I love them.

Edit: Also, during the summer, I'm sure to be around whipping people into shape. I used to be very annoying, messaging people on msn and irc and through text messages so they'd log in... A bit too much, I guess... :oops: but hopefully people will be mroe up for that. Factions has a lot of nice thigns to do, PvE-wise, in spite of its shorter story and area. There is loooooads we can do as a guild, even if we take a few henchies wiht us. :)
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Rhayader » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:18 pm

thank u all for replying. i feel much more at ease now :)
the dragon festival is bound to bring more activity back into the guild. but some of the problems muppet pointed out wouldnt happen if we simply had more people. and no i didnt think of advertising at all. i thought we discussed that a long time ago.
i havent been able to log in much cuz im on my exam season, kind of what happened to ellen. i hope i can be around soon, but lately i havent really been eager to log in. either i dont have anyone to come hunt for fans, no HA team, bored of doing the same kurzick quests, no money to shop for stuff, etc.. etc..
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Muppet » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:37 pm

I used to like playing with PUGS (despite my reguar cursing at the duff ones), but there are not many players around the mission outposts at all nowadays. Seem to be spread too thin.

I think basically you need one of 2 reason to play GW.

[1] Cos ya want to achieve summat.
Solo/hench/PUG play is usually about achieving summat. Finishing the story, unlocking skills, earning a title. All can be done this way, although not as fun of course. Trouble is this hits a couple of hurdles I find. First is when what ya want to do needs a decent team to do it (completing high lev missions/quests/bonus). Second is when ya get bored of doing the same content over and over so need a break.

[2] Cos ya having fun playing with people.
This is the one that we miss most. Playing with fun people usually means that what you are doing don't matter. Who cares if I am doing THK for the 20th time, it's fun to pwn them baddies with BHLT!

I am getting to the point where I am bored of the [1], and slowing down. Not least cos I am frustrated by wanting the hard stuff, and can't even find decent PUGs to do it let alone guild groups. I have never been a farmer, or a pokemon player, so get bored of any collecting-stuff-for-the-sake-of-it quite quickly.
This is where my testing helps me fill some gaps and get a change. Whilst other players stop to take a break, I just get to play the new one :P
[2] is not happening cos of the people taking that break I think, but hopefully will come back when people get into the mood again.

Some new blood may well help, get a few folks in that want to do stuff and want company, inspire others of us to play together again. I'd be up for that.
Muppet
Why Our GH Smells of Rich Mahogany

Postby Mori » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:38 am

Mori
Organisational god

Postby Varda » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:14 pm

Guild wars IS for casual gamers. :roll: SOmeone who hasn't logged in for a month has no big disadvantage over someone who logs in everyday. you ought to know, Mori. :P
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Return to Ruins of Surmia