BHLT Screenshot Competition!

GW1 discussion

Postby Varda » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:11 pm

Well the golds weren't gotten thinking about nice skins or anything like it - they were really justa way to quickly give whoever wants them 500 wisdom points, which we thought was quite neat. :)

However, there are a few nice skins there, even though the requirements sort of suck.

We have:

-Zodiac Hammer, Zodiac Daggers , Req 10 each
-Celestial Compass, Req 12 prot
-Ironwing Flatbow, Req 9
-Notched Blade, Req 9
-Saurion Scythe (x2), Req 9
-Icy Blade Axe, Req 11
-Jade Sword, Req 11

Might be some I missed, but I think that's the gist of it. There's some platinum wands and staves, as well as celestial staves and another set of higher req celestial daggers... There's loads of unid armours as well, who knows what runes and insignias you might find on those. If one were to sell the golds, they'd get around 250-300k. Merching them should wield about 100k, assuming they're worth about 200g each. Remove a bit for the newbie golds, add a bit for the ocasional higher value rune or insignia, plus whatever mods one gets out of them... And it's not a bad deal, really.

Out of curiosity, it'll take 72 trades to get the golds all transfered over. :D
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Rhayader » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:04 pm

congrats kiv! i really liked your screenshot.
a screenshot of the desert alone is enough to stir a bunch of emotions in my opinion.
and yeah i couldnt submit a screenshot on time. just got my pc back earlier today.
i'd like to still submit a screenshot, just for fun. i think this competition deserves it, like mori said. and because i think its fun to see what other people can come up with, i think others might like to see what i came up with aswell.
and wow 72 trades, thats really intense.
glad to be back on the forums, and soon in GW hopefully :D
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Varda » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Feel free to submit a screenshot if you feel like it. Post it here or mail it as usual and we'll show it off to the world.

I have a question for you all, though. What sort of competition would you like to see next?
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Infinity » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:19 pm

A competition to find me a Silverwing Recurve Bow!

I think, against all my better judgement and storage constraints (I have about 4 slots free in my entire storage chest) I'm going to go with the 500 golds with probably 1 traded to me every week until GW2 come out :/

If anyone's on the lookout for any mods or anything I guess nows the time to make a thread in Xunlai.
Lyssophobia - Fear of rabies or of becoming insane
Infinity
Strange and Mysterious

Postby Varda » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:41 pm

Tips: Get a char's invent mostly cleared out, trade until that is full, id.

Salvage what you want/can, merch all the crappy stuff. Won't be long till they're all over and done with!
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Rhayader » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:04 pm

ill take the lockpicks then. sry it took so long to post it
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Varda » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:27 pm

That left mori with the destroyer weapons which, as some of you may remember, he already had - from winning the last competition.

So Mori took the money from the weapons, and left the materials to the organizers. Erendis insisted I get weapons to put on my HoM. However I wanted to help complete Lys' HoM since she was kind enough to give me free reign of her account while she can't play, and thus I'll get 6 weapons for my account and 5 for hers. Win-win situation, all in all. :)

Thanks Mori!
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Mori » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:44 am

Yay!

Rhay, if you're selling those lockpicks, I'll happily buy 55k worth of them.
Mori
Organisational god

Previous

Return to Ruins of Surmia