What sort of competition would you like to see next?

GW1 discussion

What sort of competition would you like to see next?

Postby Muppet » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:33 pm

I know Varda has been after us giving ideas for more comps, so thought I'd pull the question out into it's own thread.

I like the scavanger hunt style ones.
Kiv's "photo yourself in these places" one was fun.

I was wondering if I could think of summat similar finding a way to use NPCs that we may not normally talk to/remember. However, not sure how to do that and not have a comp that can be won via wiki.

Perhaps summat involving the challenge missions?

What about using the Master of Damage - who can rack up highest damage in x time, or highest DPS. With or without heroes...

Comedy screenshots?

Well - they are some first thoughts anyway. Get the process started.
Muppet
Why Our GH Smells of Rich Mahogany

Postby Mori » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:52 am

I... I had a think about this, but I don't know. :S
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Rhayader » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:34 am

scavenger hunt ones are my favourite. i also liked this one because it was sort of a hunt aswell, since you needed to find the perfect spot for your screenshots.
of course its been a long time since we last had a competition involving any sort of fighting so the master of damage suggestion sounds like fun.
i remember anya talking to me about kiv's suggestion of a "who can kill me" faster competition. it also sounds fun even though i dont know a lot of the details.
i dont have any good ideas for competitions, but i'd enjoy doing something lore related. but then, its the same issue as muppet, it would have to be something you couldnt instantly win by using wiki.
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Varda » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:44 pm

There is something I have been pondering to do, but am unable to due to the logistics of it. I'd like to have a scavenger hunt with riddles that would point to an outpost, where a guild member would be with a special object in their inventory to gift those who found it, and also to give the next riddle/clue that would take the players to the next outpost.

It would be community-open, and require a few people to pull off (five at least) which is what keeps me from doing it. :(

I like Muppet's idea of something involving the NPC's; perhaps having to take a screenshot near them, instead of just finding out who they are? Some NPC's don't have a map on the wiki to their whereabouts, so it's still a matter of going to find them. That could be insterspecced with screenshots of places where the players would have to go, as well, and lore-related questions for extra points.

I also like Kiv's idea for a quick competition, maybe with a smaller reward than what we've offered so far... Say 25k to the one who does it faster? Or is that too little?
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Mori » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:26 pm

25k is a nice enough incentive imo, especially if the competition is fun in its own right!
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Varda » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:39 am

I've come up with a rough outline for a new competition, taking into account the suggestiosn offered by Muppet and everyone else.

It'll be posted during the second half of july (after I'm done with classes), and I'm really excited about it. We'll see how it goes. :)
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Return to Ruins of Surmia