Alliance proposal

GW1 discussion

Alliance proposal

Postby Rhayader » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:07 pm

a couple of weeks ago our guild got invited by a gw friend of mine to join his alliance. at the time his alliance was luxon, so joining was out of the question. his alliance is now breaking up, and so his guild is starting a new one, this time with a kurzick allegiance.
once again, we have been invited to join.

i spoke to the leader (Scar Visage), he seemed like a nice person. i explained to him that we were a really small but tight guild. mainly, we would be looking for more people to play with since we cant be bothered with recruitment (also, we dont really have a nice stable enviroment in the guild to make new members stay).

i told him we are mostly independent and would like to keep it that way. so we wouldnt work well with any outstanding requirements. we would only be looking for a friendly enviroment!

i was assured that it wouldnt be a problem. they are simply looking for the same we are, and arent requiring any faction contributions or anything.

here is their page. yeah the tag might roll some eyes, but its not like it will have any influence on us.
http://wtf-clan.guildlaunch.com/
you can also check their wiki page from the link there.

so i would like to know how everyone feels about joining the alliance. we can simply leave if things dont work out or if people are unhappy with it because the alliance didnt meet our expectations.
so please, share your thoughts on the subject.
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Muppet » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Sounds good to me.
As you say - be nice if it gives us a few more people to play with, and if it does not work out then we can easily leave.
Muppet
Why Our GH Smells of Rich Mahogany

Postby Varda » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:10 pm

I like their values and I don't mind their tag, so I have nothing against joining them.

If they're cool with a guild that has about 6 active players, and don't mind out randomness, that's great. We can just give them a kick if we aren't comfortable...

Guess that's a "yes, join up" vote from me.
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Mori » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:04 pm

It's certainly worth a try. I appreciate your ongoing efforts to maintain our community spirit, Rhay :D

Since we have Muppet's "yea" vote already, I'll probably just check for any objections on IRC and then sign us up.
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Beraton » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Yeaaaaah, could be cool. As has been said, worst comes to the worst, we can leave. :p But it's a nice benefit of having more people to do stuff with. More friends and such.

Oh, and I really don't care either way about the tag. If it were [fUCk] or something, I might. But wtf is fairly benign.
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Rhayader » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:20 pm

Turns out they went and created a luxon alliance instead <.<;;
go figure.

well at least i tried! and if this experience puts people off of joining an alliance, then ill stop trying. kind of embarrassing nonetheless...
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Mori » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:47 am

Don't worry Rhay, it's always nice to try and find other folks to play with as we're short on players within the guild.

Shame they went Luxon - though I'm sure Muppet and some others wouldn't object if we switched now, huh? :P
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Varda » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:37 pm

;(

We could always make a luxon guild with one of the accounts that aren't in use, and make it easier for people going for the luxon title to donate - being able to return to the guild post-donation or something.

(That has nothing to do with the alliance matter, though.)
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Rhayader » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:54 am

me and muppet already have the luxon title. as far as i know we were the only ones interested in it.

i told them many times that changing to luxon was not an option.
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Muppet » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Go Luxons!
I certainly would not mind getting double rewards, especially a weekend like this (which would make it x4). I'll get rank 6 (1.2Mil) soon as I can turn in saved up faction for double reward tonight, but tht's still 8.8Mil away from max :o
But I know most folks are still trying to max the Kurzick, so don't expect us to swap allegience.

Nice try though Rhay. Don't give up. Feel free to offer alliance again if ya find one.
Muppet
Why Our GH Smells of Rich Mahogany

Return to Ruins of Surmia