Halloweeeeeeeen

GW1 discussion

Halloweeeeeeeen

Postby Rhayader » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:36 pm

halloween is nearly here! and costume brawl is gonna be back! the other day ery linked me to this
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Reg ... tober_2009

Team Arenas and Hero Battles will be removed in the next build
so costume brawl and the new TA at the same time? sweet! though ill definitely try stick to costume brawl during the event, since i really wanna take the chance to finally get my gamer title on the HoM.

are excited about the update aswell? i've been really looking foward to this one! finally a great reason to get me back into the game regularly.
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Muppet » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:44 pm

Nice to have summat new to do this year too, not just the usual farming of treats.

New Halloween Quests
Brave the dangers of the Underworld on a series of spine-tingling quests for Mad King Thorn, available this Halloween season only. An ancient evil stirs deep in the Underworld—can you hold back the rising tide of darkness?
Beginning October 26th, talk to the candy-coated Mad King's Steward in Lion's Arch or Kamadan to begin—if you dare!
Muppet
Why Our GH Smells of Rich Mahogany

Postby Varda » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:16 pm

I'm with muppet, yay for new quests - though I'm sure they'll be simple things, like the wintersday ones in UW.

It's just a shame that the quests don't start till the 26th. :( The event itself starts on the 23rd...
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Rhayader » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:30 am

yes! 23rd is gonna be awesome! im gonna rush the costume brawl like mad!
looking foward to it.
i dont really remember wintersday quests in the UW... but it definitely is a more suitable place for a halloween event.
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Varda » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:24 pm

You don't remember the Mini Polar Bear quests??

Your brain is just broken, Rhay. I'm sure you recall "You're a mean one, Mr. Grenth" and "In Grenth's Defense"... Solo quests, your skills are replaced by snowball arena skills... Ring a bell? ;)

They said that these quests will only be doable this year, though. So I'm guessing (along with everyone else) that it's something related with GW2. An ancient evil is stirring up in the Underworld... A dragon? Though that would be a bit weird, since Dragons are in Tyria, and the Underworld is a part of the Mysts... Guess we'll see.
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Rhayader » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm

but the polar bear quest wasnt in the UW, was it? it was in that dungeon with all the frosties right? or maybe that was a wintersday quest? :(

anyway, as along as it isnt some half-assed thing with grasps of darkness and whatnot ill be happy.
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Klokwurk » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Those were both in the ice dungeony place. :o
Klokwurk
Wielder of the fuzzy dice

Postby Varda » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Sigh. Here, have a wiki link or two:

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/In_Grenth%27s_Defense

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/You%27r ... Mr._Grenth

Convinced, now? :P

Also, the new quests are solo quests, there'll be a new one per day (till the end of the event, I'm assuming) and the first one was loads of fun.
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Erendis » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:37 pm

The mini polar bear however, came from the Wintersday Chest which spawns for the quests Strength of Snow/Straight to the Heart in the "ice dungeony place". ;)
Erendis
Rabid fangirl

Postby Rhayader » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:13 pm

right, believe it or not, my warrior still has to get the reward for the quest in grenths defense. hes had it for 2 years now. since i forgot to get the reward the frist time, and i didnt participate in last years (only enough to get the hats). so maybe thats why i dont recall the quests at all.
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Varda » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:46 am

Ok, ok, so the stupid bear comes from the snowmen place. Figures. :( But the quests exist!

Yesterday's haloween quest was a bitch. Today there seems to not be any new one... Wonder what's up with that. :s
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Rhayader » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:28 pm

as you all know i just started working at the new place.
so after so long without having to wake up early it has been hard to get into the rythm again, so i havent had much time to play, though i really want to try out the new quests. maybe on the weekend, or the next week. depending on how long they will keep the quests available. i should keep a close eye on mad kings appeareance though, i dont wanna miss on any hats
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Klokwurk » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:57 am

I should know, I ran them a billion times trying to get a mini polar bear for Eri. :P
Klokwurk
Wielder of the fuzzy dice

Postby Varda » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:34 pm

Women are so hard to please, are they not? ^____^

What seems to be the last quest is in. It's a repeatable one, takes place iun "normal" underworld - meaning you can go in with a full party, same enemies are there - but has some Skeletons of Dhuum who actually deal good damage and are quite interesting. It's a repeatable quest, so feel free to farm. ;)
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Return to Ruins of Surmia