Guild Wars with a dual shock

GW1 discussion

Guild Wars with a dual shock

Postby Rhayader » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:38 pm

so yesterday i had this wacky idea of playing GW using a game controller. i had a blast trying it out so i decided to upload it on youtube to share it with everyone.
it is actually my first youtube video ever! yay! so feel free to leave a coment.

things to look out for are the 2 ways of moving around, targeting and cycling foes aswell as items on the ground is pretty easy and simple. the loud VRMMMM sound on the background is actually my pc XD
its also possible to bring up the quests window, but i forgot to show it.
the layout could be modified assigning the D-pad to hero skills. calling up a spike could be as easy as pressing up, down, left and right.

and here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8_cf8afa0k

i love the resign feature :D
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Vince » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:04 pm

Haha, awesome! Not somthing I`d like to try, I have enough trouble using a keyboard and mouse, but still awesome.

Also, I can`t stop giggling like a schoolgirl at your stubby little human hands. :oops:

My hands have been known to terrify small children and gamepads.
Vince

Postby Klokwurk » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:58 pm

That is blatantly one of these!

Klokwurk
Wielder of the fuzzy dice

Postby Rhayader » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:45 pm

well, to my defense people consider my hands to be pretty big, though my fingers are very slim. also, i was trying not to hog the whole controler so that people could easily see what buttons i pressed :P
but still, thats frikin impressive vince! you could crush a small children skull with those hands
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Vince » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:08 am

The judge ruled that I was not at fault there! :evil: But yes, I have outrageously huge hands

Y`know, a controller with more buttons like the N64 trident might actually make that a more viable control setup. Skills set to C-buttons/Z and C-buttons, that leaves you most of the buttons free for whatever.
Vince

Return to Ruins of Surmia