Epic Viral campaign and GW2

GW1 discussion

Postby Varda » Sun May 16, 2010 12:11 pm

I think they are showing the shining blade to be not all that good, in spite of being better than the white mantle. Maybe that will be expanded on (though most likely I'm being overly optimistic).

They hit a lul since Linsey was ill for a week or so. I guess that took momentum out. Yet yes, have to agree that the weekly update makes thigns slower and boring-er. Then again this keeps me logging in every week, so it's not all that bad. It's free content, can't complain too much! :D
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Rhayader » Sun May 16, 2010 3:39 pm

i couldnt agree more actually. i thought they were gonna release some new worthwile content for the 5th birthday event. so after i got disappointed with that, i completely lost interest in the whole war in kryta thing.
hopefully they will make it interesting enough in order to rekindle my interest...

having the asura experiment on the seers in pretty unexpected! now THAT is worth a look,
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Muppet » Sat May 22, 2010 11:27 am

Seems more War in Kryta stuff has been added.
Was browsing wiki and saw lots of new stuff, drops and quests, have been added.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/War_in_Kryta has details of the new quests, drops and collectors.
Also seen mention of new weapon drops from the Mantle.

Down side - have to get ya chars through all the dialogue crap to get to it all apparently :evil:
Muppet
Why Our GH Smells of Rich Mahogany

Postby Varda » Sat May 22, 2010 1:48 pm

Yep.

Salma is in the Lion's Arch Keep, and once you've seen all the dialogues you can get a bounty for a given white mantle boss. I imagine bounties will change daily, or at least regularly.

There's new drops and new collectors. When you complete a bounty, you get a variable number of War Supplies, which can in turn be traded for Royal Gifts or Medals. The royal gifts appear to give you a random consumable item (eri and I got a grail of might, other people report scrols of resurrection, among others). Medals don't have a use yet, but they will, and we're advised to hold on to them.

Another way to get war supplies is to trade 3 confessor's orders (dropped by random white mantle confessors) for 1 war supply. Alternatively, there's some NPC you can protect while he goes along a route; if he lives at the end of that route, he gives you some war supplies (10 to 12, I heard, but erendis knows better).

Think that's it, for now...
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Rhayader » Sun May 23, 2010 3:22 pm

THIS:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Courier_Falken

is the best reference EVER!
i cant even express how much this blows my mind. though the folks present at the irc channel when i found out about it might have a clue...
Rhayader
The silent type

Getting access to LA Keep

Postby Muppet » Sun May 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Rhay pointed out that wiki clues on how to unlock access to the Lion's Arch Keep are not clear, which dialogues in what order are needed or not needed. So I told him the shortest route I found, and thought I'd mention it here too in case anyone still has chars they want to get there (for the new drops and rewards).

1 - Go to Vlox's Falls. Step outside into Arbor Bay and talk to the Asura there to get into the Trial of Zinn. Run to Witness area, then go make tea (takes 7 minutes for event to play through :/ )
NOTE: Don't need to have done the Mox quests apparently, just have collected him (so he is in your hero list).

2 - Now go to the Blade Camp in Talmark.
I think shortest/easiest route is from TotA (get 8-man team too)

3 - Wait for dialogue 1 to play out.
Scout runs up and talks to Queen. When Scout leaves with new errand that dialogue is done.

4 - Run out to Tears of the Fallen then zone straight back in to Talmark and run back to camp.
NOTE: I took a Para hero with the 2 command based team speedup shouts to allow all the running backand forth at +33%. Can also just sprint yerself and leave h/h behind of course.

5 - Wait for dialogue 2 to play out.
When 2 ends Evennia and Livia will walk out the camp and head off.

6 - Zone out and in again at Tears of the Fallen.
NOTE: Don't have to wait for Livia/Evannia to exit zone, soon as they leave the camp you can run ahead.

7 - Wait for dialogue 4 to play out.
When you get back to camp you should see DOX (he is massive) and the Asura. Dialogue 3 is always skipped doing it this way, so that saves time.
4 ends when Livia leads the Asura and GOLEMS out ofthe camp.

8 - Warp back to LA and you can now get into the Keep.
Again, no need to wait for Livia to get where she is going, can warp out soon as she leaves camp.

I did not do ANY of the Gwen/Thackery stuff before I gained entry to the Keep, so this is not needed.
(I think that Evennia will not finish her recruitment of the Ebon Vanguard until after you do Thackery's treasuer hunt though, but not progressed far enough to now for sure.)

You must stay in the Shining Blade camp until the dialogues finish, don't run off to portal before the NPCs involved leave the camp.

So, in summary, all ya need to sit through is:
Zinn's Trial
Blade camp dialogues 1 (Scout), 2 (Livia & Evennia leave to recruit) & 4 (Livia takes Zinn & Blimm to lab)
Last edited by Muppet on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muppet

Postby Mori » Mon May 24, 2010 9:22 am

You don't need to have done the MOX quests to watch Zinn's trial - merely to have picked up MOX outside one of the principal towns.
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Varda » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks for that, Muppet, it has been very helpful. Mori is right, too, which is a big plus.

Salma now offers a new quest. There's a Mursaat rallying White Mantle, and he is evil and must be stopped, etc. The quest is fairly easy in normal mode, and the rewards are the same for that and hard mode, so... Have fun!
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Muppet » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Anyone spot that they released the last 2 quests in the WiK line last night?

First, the running away.
Then, the Big Battle.

Oh, and after you get access to the goodies for the medals.

Dismantle!
Muppet

Postby Varda » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Was away for the last few days, but hopefully I'll be able to play it really soon. :)
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Rhayader » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:23 am

i loved it! it was a great ending to the quest line.
cant wait to see more content added, though i suppose we will have to wait a bit longer. i wanna go search for the people that went missing. i wanna go to ascalon again!
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Mori » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:45 am

Thanks for the hand with the bounties and the first quest in the line last night. Looking forward to playing the rest when I get the chance.
Mori
Organisational god

Previous

Return to Ruins of Surmia