What's this about a GvG win?

Abandon hope all ye who enter here...

What's this about a GvG win?

Postby Muppet » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:02 pm

I was gunna copy the line from the guild status, but as I am at work I can't log in. It goes something like "won the battle with <some guild or other>".

The keyword here is "Won". I don't think House Behelit has ever won a rated GvG match before (ok, so there have probably only been about 3 before, but still).

I think well done to the team that mamaged to achieve the first victory for BHLT :D

Anyone wanna share how you did it?
Muppet
Why Our GH Smells of Rich Mahogany

Postby Mori » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:15 pm

We played three GvG battles last night, and great fun was had by all!

We were running the original, unchanged pressure build conceived by yours truly. The first guild we were up against, a group of French folks, had a terrible ranking (somewhere in the 8000s I believe) and were as bad as this might suggest. They made no effort to run flags and appeared to have a distinct shortage of healing OR damage. We destroyed them in the centre, drove them back to their guildhall, and pretty much ignored them while taking out their NPCs, who were probably more dangerous than they were. Flawless victory (although they did eventually manage to kill our guild thief).

The second battle we were a lot more evenly matched, against a guild slightly higher ranked than us running a semi-effective spike build. We gradually overcame them in the centre, and were pushing them back towards their base when a terrible lag spike struck. One moment all was well, the next half our team were dead and the rest bouncing all over the map. After this we retreated to our guildhall in disarray, where poor judgement saw half of us wiped out by catapult attacks and me, supposedly running the flag, getting Galed and killed before I could reach the flag stand. With significantly higher morale than us, they managed to wear us down and beat us.

The third battle was against a rank 200 guild or thereabouts. We lasted a non-embarrassing amount of time in the centre but they took all of us out with only a couple of losses, after which the classic "turtle at the guild lord and eventually get wiped" ending was inevitable.
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Infinity » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:31 pm

Don't listen to him, he doesn't know what he's on about.

So there I was with only Lina and Little Thom for company. Standing inside the guildhall I could almost see the sweat on our enemies faces. 10 of them there were, no wait, 20! 5! ...25! All as big as houses and twice as ugly.

I gave a prayer to Dwayna and gave the order to charge. Little Thom ran forward but tripped over a stone and landed on his axe. I motioned to Lina to stay back and protect me as I fought, but she ran up to the advancing horde and began wanding them in the face. She did not last long.

Then I remembered something Sun Tzu said, or it may have been Ian Boyd. Either way, with my last remaining energy I casted mending on myself, drew my fellblade and leaped into battle. One man against an entire top-10 ranked guild.

Against the power of mending they had no reply, my blade fell against their exposed flesh doing damage of -1 or -2 (no points in swords). "Ahahaha..." I laughed, "ahahahaha...." With half of them dead I finally broke through their ranks and targetted their Guild Lord. As I bore down upon him I could sense the fearfull realisation inside him as he became aware that these were his final moments. "Hasta la vista baby," I retorted, as I one-inch-punched him to death.

Victory!!

At least, that's how I remember it.
Lyssophobia - Fear of rabies or of becoming insane
Infinity
Strange and Mysterious

Postby Nox » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:34 pm

What Game Were You Playing Again? :P
Nox
Razor sharp wit

Postby Mori » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:50 pm

I nominate the post two above this one for the title of "funniest ever made on this board". :P
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Lys » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:14 pm

Infinity wrote:Victory!!

At least, that's how I remember it.

O_o Didn't know we had Vin Diesel in our guild... And I wasn't even there to cheer on ='(

Well anyway, congrats to whoever achieved that victory and whatever the way they (he) did it ! ^_^
Lys

Postby Rhayader » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:41 pm

i remember our first match was against a rank 6.200 guild. i belive the lag was due to the ts server, we all felt a bit laggy when we all got conected. besides, my bandwith isnt that good... i t was really a shame. after that, if u remember, i had several lag problems, and gw even crashed twice...
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Fox » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:59 pm

Sounds like someone's laying the foundation for an excuse.....
Fox
Stupider like a FOX!
Stupider like a FOX!

Postby Rhayader » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:42 pm

its an excuse! ITS DA TRUTH!!!!
Rhayader
The silent type

Return to GvG