GvG Pressure Build Mark II

Abandon hope all ye who enter here...

GvG Pressure Build Mark II

Postby Mori » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:04 pm

- Axe warrior has been converted to a gale user.

- Sword warrior has been converted to an air elementalist with Epidemic for widespread blind, weaken and spike damage.

- Experimentally, have replaced mantra of signets with Mind Wrack on the mesmer.

- The necromancer has been replaced with a second mesmer.

Build notes:
No more Virulence :( Still lots of energy denial, and plenty of deep wounds, blindness and weakness flying around. While character 8 is capable of inflicting quite a lot of degeneration on a single target (a monk preferably), there is more of a reliance on spike damage here.

Character 1: Axe/Gale Warrior
Warrior/Elementalist: Axe 11+1+3/Tactics 12+1/Air 6
Frenzy, Eviscerate*, "Fear Me!", Gale, Disrupting Chop or Distracting Blow, Executioner's Strike, Healing Signet, Res Sig

Character 2: Air Elementalist/Mesmer
Elementalist/Mesmer: Air 12+1+3/Energy Storage 12+1
Elemental Attunement*, Chain Lightning, Enervating Charge, Blinding Flash, Whirlwind or Gale, Lightning Orb, Lightning Strike, Res Sig

Character 3: Flag Runner Ranger/Monk
Ranger/Monk: Wilderness Survival 11+1+3/Marksmanship 10+1/Expertise 10+1
Apply Poison, Debilitating Shot, Crippling Shot*, Storm Chaser, Dodge, Troll Unguent, Purge Conditions, Res Sig

Character 4: Boon/OoB Monk
Monk/Necro: Protection Prayers 10+3/Divine Favour 10+1+1/Blood Magic 10/Healing Prayers 5+1
Offering of Blood*, Reversal of Fortune, Healing Touch, Holy Veil, Guardian, Mend Condition, Divine Boon, Aegis

Character 5: Heal Party Necro
Necro/Monk: Healing Prayers 12, Blood Magic 11+1+2, Soul Reaping 6+1
Heal Party, Well of Blood, Offering of Blood*, Blood Ritual, Dwayna's Kiss, Vampiric Gaze, Strip Enchantment, Res Signet

Character 6: Boon/OoB Monk
Monk/Necro: Protection Prayers 10+3/Divine Favour 10+1+1/Blood Magic 10/Healing Prayers 5+1
Offering of Blood*, Reversal of Fortune, Healing Touch, Holy Veil, Guardian, Mend Condition, Divine Boon, Aegis

Character 7: Energy Denial Mesmer
Mesmer/Elementalist: Domination 11+1+3/Inspiration 10+1/Fast Casting 10+1
Mind Wrack, Signet of Weariness, Shame, Panic*, Energy Burn, Power Leak, Power Drain, Glyph of Lesser Energy

Character 8: Illusion Mesmer
Mesmer/X: Illusion 11+3/Inspiration 10+1+1/Fast Casting 10+1
Energy Tap, Ether Lord, Conjure Phantasm, Phantom Pain, Migraine*, Clumsiness, Distortion, Restore Life (can afford to drop Illusion to 12 for the sake of Fast Casting, but no lower)
Last edited by Mori on Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:33 am, edited 7 times in total.
Mori
Organisational god

Postby khaz » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:23 pm

I want to play this build as fast as possible. Sounds much more sophisticated and focused than the one we've been running.
khaz
As gay as a boxful of monkeys

Postby Rhayader » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:09 pm

ah, there is already a migrain mesmer posted. :P

what happened to shame on the e-denial mesmer? it was sweet, and they fell for it most of the time. quick rechage and an interrupt to boot. power drain relies too much on timing. if im focusing on a mesmer, chances are i probably wont be able to interrupt, thus having to wait for a migrain or asurge, wich takes longer.

the illusion mesmer however succeds in illuding me as to whats his job is. there are better ways, to gain energy than channeling. they have to be really close for it to work, and i dont want anyone close by at all. clumsiness is nice for gaining dmg, but wouldnt simpathetic visage work best? just some ideas though, its ur build
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Mori » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:20 pm

What do you mean, what happened to Shame? It's still there. The only change I made to the energy denial mesmer was to replace Mantra of Signets with Mind Wrack.

Channeling's description says you gain energy from foes "in the area". I'll check out the range in the Isle of the Nameless and consider whether this needs to be changed.
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Elle » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:55 pm

I've tried using channelling in pvp and gvg mori, and it is bloody useless unless you are going to be really close to the enemies, which is not where a mesmer or monk wants to be. Good for solo farming though.
Elle
Get out of my car!

Postby Mori » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:53 pm

ok, I've replaced it with Drain Enchantment which is a pretty reliable source of energy if you're targeting a monk. Alternatively, consider Energy Tap - I'll leave that up to the player to find what works.
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Mori » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:30 pm

After discussion with Anya and Ellers I'm planning to make significant changes to the monk setup. Should be posted later.
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Rhayader » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:08 pm

ithe mesmers in the finals all used e-surge.
since we are lacking some dmg in our build perhaps it would be a good idea to switch panic for surge?
Rhayader
The silent type

Return to GvG