GvG Split Build Mark I

Abandon hope all ye who enter here...

GvG Split Build Mark I

Postby Mori » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:52 am

This build, based to some extent on what works in Team Arenas, is designed to easily run a 2-3 way split (flag runner on his own, the rest in two teams of 3 & 4) or to work together to cause much grief to the enemy.

I have not yet developed the warriors - as usual because I have little experience with primary warriors. Suggested builds for these guys from experienced warriors would be welcome. I was thinking, on the hammer warrior, the newly upgraded Dwarven Battle Stance (combined with Shock as an interrupt when the stance isn't up) would serve to annoy enemy casters rather well.

SPLIT 1 (Grief)

CoP Monk:
Monk/Mesmer: Divine Favor 11+1+3; Protection Prayers 10+1; Healing Prayers 4+1; Inspiration Magic 9
Contemplation of Purity; Mantra of Recall; Mend Condition; Divine Boon; Holy Veil; Healing Touch; Reversal of Fortune; Guardian

Spiteful Necro:
Necromancer/Monk: Blood Magic 10+1/Curses 11+1+3/Soul Reaping 8+1/Healing Prayers 6
Spiteful Spirit*, Faintheartedness, Enfeeble, Well of Blood, Blood Ritual, Infuse Health, Rigor Mortis, Res Sig

Domination Mesmer:
Mesmer/x: Domination 12+1+3/Fast Casting 10+1/Inspiration 8+1
Arcane Thievery, Blackout, Diversion, Shatter Enchantment, Drain Enchantment, Shame, Cry of Frustration, Restore Life

Interrupt Hammer Warrior:
Warrior/Elementalist: Hammer 10+1+2, Strength 11+1, Tactics 10+1, Air 1
Rush, Dwarven Battle Stance*, Staggering Blow, Heavy Blow, Crushing Blow, Healing Signet, Shock, Res Sig

SPLIT 2 (Gank)

CoP Monk:
Monk/Mesmer: Divine Favor 11+1+3; Protection Prayers 10+1; Healing Prayers 4+1; Inspiration Magic 9
#1: Contemplation of Purity; Mantra of Recall; Mend Condition; Divine Boon; Holy Veil; Healing Touch; Reversal of Fortune; Guardian

Air Elementalist:
Elementalist/x: Air 12+1+3/Energy Storage 12+1
Air Attunement, Lightning Surge*, Lightning Orb, Enervating Charge, Blinding Flash, Lightning Strike, Shock, Res Sig

Axe Warrior:
Warrior/X: Strength 10+1, Axe 11+1+2, Tactics 10+1
Frenzy, Eviscerate*, Axe Rake, Sprint, Executioner's Strike, Disrupting Chop, Healing Signet, Res Sig

SPLIT 3 (Flag Runner)

Cripple/Flag Runner Ranger:
Ranger/Monk: Wilderness Survival 11+1+3/Marksmanship 10+1/Expertise 10+1
Apply Poison, Holy Veil, Crippling Shot*, Storm Chaser, Dodge, Troll Unguent, Purge Conditions, Res Sig
Last edited by Mori on Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Beraton » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:07 am

Looks fun.
I'm sure I can manage the Air mentalist or the Spiteful Necro. Probably other chars too, but I'm pressed for time.
Beraton
L33t pyromancing toff

Postby Rhayader » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:10 am

weird mesmer.

cant wait to try it out!!!
Rhayader
The silent type

Postby Varda » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:48 pm

I love the Axe Warrior's build. think I can play it, actually.
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Mori » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:32 pm

I put Arcane Thievery on the Mesmer because it screws up Gale, Shock or Aftershock warriors something rotten.

The rest is a fairly eclectic domination build, designed mostly to annoy spamming monks - by removing their enchantments, blacking them out, and diverting their favourite spells.

The axe warrior might need a little adjustment possibly ;)
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Fox » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

I wanna be the dual elite wielding knock down warrior!!!!!! is there some kinda SoC hax that mori knows about. Or is he using the axe warriors elite for him?
Fox
Stupider like a FOX!
Stupider like a FOX!

Postby Mori » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:15 pm

My mistake. Those builds were thrown together in a hurry, as I had to leave for work. Axe warrior now has Eviscerate instead of Dismember, and Devastating Blow has been removed from the hammer warrior.
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Lys » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:24 pm

First, I'd like to congratulate Mori for coming up with that build which should be yummy to play with =D I like the mesmer build and the use of Rigor Mortis on the necro.
I have some remarks though, especially about the warriors builds.

I'm worried by the lack of healing sig. In a split build with only two boon prots, non soft targets should bring their own heal imho, so that monks can focus on their casters. It's even more true with wars, who are supposed to be self-sufficient to a certain extent. Sometimes they have to split on their own and the lack of healing sig is harmful. Sure it requires 10 points in tactics for 115 heal but I think those warriors have more strength than really needed. I'm often playing and observing wars in pvp lately (hey, don't throw stones at me >___<) and I noticed that 3 or 4 attack skills is enough for a spike. The other skills should be used for snaring (shock, bull's strike), stancing (frenzy, sprint is nice to cancel frenzy when you're pounded on) and helping your team (skills such as shields up or charge).

Suggestions :

- Healing sig on warriors =D
- Less attack skills on the axe warrior, maybe sprint to cancel frenzy
- Heal Party instead of Well of Blood (too conditionnal and the pace of the battle doesn't often offer you the opportunity to turtle in a well). Though that necro might have some problems with his energy....
- Drain Enchant or Inspired Hex or even Power Drain on the two monks instead of Healing Touch. As it won't be much used anyway because they will spam RoF to heal themselves. On the other hand, as you already have high inspiration for your elite, another useful (it will help your team AND harm the other team) energy management skill could help ^^
It requires a different play style though, the monk needs to learn to target foes so it might be pretty disturbing for him at first.
- Gale instead of Shock on the aero. On a range caster with a large mana pool, Gale is still better than Shock imho. Mostly because it has longer knockdown and because the caster isn't supposed to be close to his target. With Shock you have to take into account the additional time needed to reach your taget, which could screw your timing.

Voila, these are just a few suggestions. Thanks for your attention =D
Lys

Postby Fox » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:26 pm

See if Lys agress with the anti-healing touch it must be right!
Fox
Stupider like a FOX!
Stupider like a FOX!

Postby Klokwurk » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:50 pm

I like Lys' suggestions.

I also think next match I should climb into the catapult and fire myself into the enemy base.
Klokwurk
Wielder of the fuzzy dice

Postby Fox » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:01 pm

Catapults are not toys young man.
Fox
Stupider like a FOX!
Stupider like a FOX!

Postby Mori » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:17 pm

Ta for suggestions, Lys. I'm currently at work but will make a few changes as soon as I get home. Agree that healing signet on the warriors would be very nice, although I'm still not sure tactics has any place on a hammer warrior :P
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Varda » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:21 pm

Good points, Lys, and thanks for starting the buildsion in such a complete manner. I'm just going to commen one point of your improvements list, which refers to the necromance of the build.

Well of blood might not be the best choice for most builds and most teams, but in our case I think it's a good advantage. More likely than not we'll end up fighting at the flag stand most of the time, splitting only ocasionally. A well timed well of blood takes the pressure off the healers a lot, even if corpses are difficult to come by. I love heal party, but it's very expensive to keep up and needs to be spammed to really help - something this necro will be unable to do, I believe. In most cases, I'd take heal party over well, but in our particular one... I think well is very handy indeed.

Of course, I could be wrong. :)

I'd like to give a more offensive monk a try, even if all the offensive does is look for an ele with long-cast times, or an aegis monk and interrupt them to get back energy. Seems like a very cool idea, though I can see the BIG problem it's going to be at first. Trying to heal and target enemies is bound to be complicated. :D Still, I absolutely LOVE the idea.

Can't comment on the warriors, cause I know nothing about the class, but I think helaing sig makes some sense if they're ganking by themselfs (which should be a possibility?). But the splits are designed to have a monk in each group, which takes away the need for a self heal.

On the other hand, that means that the 4 people group has only one healer, AND the well of blood Necro is part of the ganking split - so he's not around to help with the ocasional well of blood, should it be needed.

Hmmm.. I guess we'll see how that plays out in the end...
Varda
Yaoi obsessive

Postby Mori » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:02 pm

Dropped Irresistible Blow from the hammerite - rigor mortis should help here. Put in healing signet at 11 tactics, and shifted some points around to make sure Str stayed at 12 (extra second of battle stance).

Dropped Penetrating Blow from the axe warrior. Removed the smite aspect, added tactics and sprint. Has now sacrificed damage output for survivability.

Will leave CoP monks as they are till Lys gets back to me on what build she ends up playing tonight.

Lastly, have placed the SS necro into split 1 for added survivability there, and the air ele into split 2 for added damage there. During the match, whoever coordinates will be calling them as "split 1" and "split 2", so it's important to know which group contains you :)
Mori
Organisational god

Postby Fox » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:20 pm

Irresistible Blow is one of the most useful skills for a hammer warrior
Fox
Stupider like a FOX!
Stupider like a FOX!

Postby Lys » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:23 pm

Mori wrote:Will leave CoP monks as they are till Lys gets back to me on what build she ends up playing tonight.

Oh, forgot to mention my changes that night ^^;; Actually it was quite the same build except I swapped MoR for Energy Drain and Healing Touch for Drain Enchantment. Worked wonder, never ran out of energy (well, thanks to Bera's BR too ;)) and didn't even have to swap to an energy+ set. On the other hand, I don't think we fought against effective e-denial mesmers ?
Lys

Postby Rhayader » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:28 pm

i'd like to know how gvg and other pvp events are going along. could someone tell me?
Rhayader
The silent type

Return to GvG